The Mission of Ribét Academy is to work in partnership with all stakeholders(parents, students, and the community) to provide a rigorous educational college preparatory program in a caring and nurturing environment that promotes life-long learning and prepares students for academic and technical expectations of higher education and the real world.
It is the vision of Ribét Academy that, because of the authentic and meaningful opportunities that our students have experienced here at Ribét, graduates will apply their learning in a meaningful way, whereas our students will be committed to developing into principled and effectual leaders who are influential communicators ,ardent problem solvers, and devoted lifelong learners committed to making a positive impact locally and globally. To ensure our mission, Ribét Academy provides a caring and nurturing environment in which all students are provided with multiple opportunities to maximize their personal and academic potential and where all students can:
. Grow academically and develop the skills necessary to pursue life-long learning
· Develop positive self-esteem and self-confidence through the kind of successful experiences that will lead to enjoyment and enthusiasm for life
· Achieve literacy and develop effective communication skills
· Cultivate personal and social responsibility
· Adapt and contribute to a changing local, national, and global community
· Develop pride in, and loyalty to, our country
School-Wide Learning Outcomes
Ribét Academy graduates will be…
- Employ sophisticated and complex academic research as a preparation for transition into post-secondary education and relevant job markets.
- Research and maneuver through rigorous academic disciplines, learning to distinguish their personal academic and professional interests following their selected career path.
Integrated Critical Thinkers
- Demonstrate an enhanced ability to employ knowledge from multiple academic disciplines in consideration of presenting, analyzing, synthesizing, and drawing logical conclusions to real-world scenarios.
- Possess an ability to empathetically recognize compelling ethical concerns and debatable subjects with the intent of heightening awareness.
Balanced Academic Scholars
- Integrate mastery of knowledge from each course to enhance learning in other content areas.
- Navigate through equitable course offerings, seeking out multiple paths for positive cognitive growth.
- Manage time effectively by setting and attaining measurable goals.
- Vocalize academic collaboration through different 21st-century communicative modalities as a practice for college and potential job markets.
- Demonstrate visibility in the classroom by proactively interfacing with teachers and students.
- Possess a distinct voice and tone through the presentation of knowledge and research.
- Illustrate a proficiency in being able to interpret technological systems and concepts.
- Employ technology to demonstrate creative thinking, knowledge construction, and systems implementing.
- Incorporate and practice ethical behaviors when using technology as a working community of digital citizens.